SAN MARCOS, CA
The Staff Accountant will be focused on performing accounting tasks for our clients by compiling financial statements from client provided data, preparing all relevant tax returns, and providing data analysis of financial results based on financial statement and tax return outcomes. Critical to this role is effective client communication and relationship building.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
· Enter monthly transactions and journal entries, including the investigation, verification of support, and reconciliation of accounts
· Analyze all general ledger transactions for unusual variances, prepare reclassifications, and make necessary journal entries to ensure accounts are reconciled and the financial statements are fairly stated
· Prepare Monthly Financial Statements – Balance Sheet, Profit & Loss, and Statement of Cash Flows
· Support clients by providing financial statement analysis and budget versus actual variance reports
· Provide QuickBooks user support for clients with in-house accounting
· Assist clients in updating and refining accounting policies and procedures to improve their internal controls and financial statement reliability and usefulness
· Prepare third party reporting, including sales & use tax and property tax returns
· Proactively work with clients and staff to ensure smooth, enjoyable tax season
· Communicate with clients to ensure complete set of documents/data to prepare accurate, defendable returns
· Prepare and review federal, multi-state tax returns for businesses, individuals, trust, and estates
· Review associates’ accounting and tax work, and provide constructive review points.
· Train and mentor interns
· Special projects as needed. May be involved in our corporate management by assisting corporate officers
Job Qualifications- Education and Experience
- Requires a bachelor's degree in accounting
- Approximately two years of accounting experience in either public accounting or private industry
- CPA candidate preferred
- Solid foundation and understanding of accounting
- Ability to understand complicated topics, apply critical thinking and judgment, and make informed recommendations, all in a fast-paced environment
- Be consistently accurate, organized, and able to prioritize and meet deadlines for multiple engagements
- Knowledge in QuickBooks, both Online and desktop versions, and in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel
- Work independently with a strong attention to detail
- Self-motivated, interest in learning new industries and mastering new skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Able to work extended hours as required
- Have the desire to take on critical task to help grow the firm.
· Vacation, sick days, and holidays
· Flexible work schedule for 30-40 hours per week
· Simple retirement plan after 90 days
· Compensation depends on experience and capabilities
Email cover letters, resumes, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org
About Quantax, Inc.
QUANTAX, INC. is a professional accounting corporation that specializes in accounting, tax advising and preparation, and business consulting by licensed Certified Public Accountants. We strive to work with our clients, understand their individual situation, and provide year-round support. Our services include outsourced business and corporate controllerships/accounting departments, as well as businesses, individuals, trusts, estates, and payroll tax return preparation and advisory services. We help our clients become more knowledgeable about their financial and tax situations so that they can make better decisions to improve their overall tax and financial positions.